Crescent Cove Respite & Hospice Home for Kids
In May 2018, Crescent Cove opened the Respite & Hospice Home for Kids, located on Twin Lakes in Brooklyn Center, for children and young adults and their families for respite and end-of-life care. Children staying at Crescent Cove received pediatric palliative care, which focuses on enhancing the quality of life by addressing physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs so the best quality of life can be achieved.
The following is provided at Crescent Cove in a loving and joyful environment:
- Respite Care | Allows families to enjoy periodic breaks from continuous caregiving, providing an opportunity for rest and renewal. Crescent Cove kids stay for 1-7 overnights at a time throughout the year, receiving 24/7 nursing care. Families are offered 15 days/nights of respite per year, with the option to be placed on a waiting list for additional days.
- Hospice/End-of-Life Care | The Crescent Cove Home offers a unique alternative for families at a time of transition for their child. Our care team supports the family’s wishes while caring for the child who is imminently dying and ensure this care is consistent with clinical, cultural, religious, and ethical standards.
If you are a family caring for a child with a life-threatening condition, and interested in enrolling at Crescent Cove, please contact our team at Admissions@CrescentCove.org or 952.426.4711 x1.
There is no out-of-pocket cost for stays at Crescent Cove. Crescent Cove is licensed as a hospice facility by the State of Minnesota and an approved Home and Community-Based Services provider.
*As of December 1, 2019, Crescent Cove works with families enrolled in the State of Minnesota Medicaid Waiver program and county case workers to bill private insurance and Medicaid Waivers to support the cost of respite stays. With this new reimbursement initiative, no family will be denied a stay at Crescent Cove regardless of whether a child/family is enrolled in the Waiver program. All stays are no out-of-pocket cost to all families.
Home Info for Families
- Crescent Cove cares for children and young adults with a life-limiting condition.
- Crescent Cove can accommodate up to six children and one family at any given time.
- Crescent Cove provides integrative therapies to kids during their stays at the Home.
- It is thanks to the generosity of our donors that we can offer the home at no out-of-pocket cost to families.