Crescent Cove Respite & Hospice Home for Kids
Beginning in Spring 2018, Crescent Cove kids and families will have access to pediatric palliative care at the new Respite & Hospice Home for Kids. Pediatric Palliative Care focuses on enhancing the quality of life by addressing physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs so the best quality of life can be achieved.
There is no cost to families wishing to utilize the Crescent Cove Home for respite or end-of-life care.
Crescent Cove seeks to support two aspects of pediatric palliative care at the respite and hospice home:
- Respite Care | Allows families to enjoy periodic breaks from continuous caregiving, providing an opportunity for rest and renewal. Crescent Cove kids will be offered 3-5 day stays throughout the year, where they will receive 24/7 nursing care in the home.
- End-of-Life Care | The Crescent Cove home offers a unique alternative for families at a time of transition for their child. Our care team will support the family’s wishes while caring for the child who is imminently dying and will ensure this care is consistent with clinical, cultural and ethical standards.
If you are a family interested in staying at Crescent Cove, please contact our social worker, Kate Rubischko.
Home Info for Families
- Crescent Cove can accommodate up to six children and one family at any given time.
- Crescent Cove cares for kids and young adults with a life-limiting condition.
- Crescent Cove will provide integrative therapies to kids during their stays at the Home.
- It is thanks to the generosity of our donors that we can offer the home at no-cost to families.