Family Services Volunteer
Family Service Volunteers are hands-on and can assist families either:
At the Crescent Cove Respite & Hospice Home for Kids
- Work alongside our Clinical Care Team to enhance the quality of life of kids and young adults with life-threatening conditions and their families.
- Assist with general House upkeep, laundry, and cooking, all of which contribute to making Crescent Cove a joy-filled Home.
- Provide a compassionate presence for families.
- Engage with children and their siblings in activities such as reading, arts and crafts, playing music, and much more.
Through Our In-Home Volunteer Program
- Assist families in a variety of ways offering practical and/or emotional support to family members. A family may request a trained volunteer to have a play date with siblings, bring a prepared meal, provide light housekeeping duties, mow their lawn, or run an errand.
- A careful matching process aims to ensure that the volunteer placed with a family is most suited to meet the family’s needs.
- Volunteers receive ongoing support and supervision from a member of the Family Support Team and families who have a volunteer placed in their home are required to have ongoing contact with a Family Support Worker to monitor the volunteer placement.
Family Services Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age, attend an hour-and-a-half in-person orientation, complete one mentored shift, and commit to a consistent schedule (could be weekly, monthly, etc). Volunteers can be 14 & 15 years of age if accompanied by an adult who has completed all necessary volunteer requirements.
All Family Services Volunteers are required to pass a Net Study 2.0 background check. Volunteers will provide Crescent Cove with required personal information in order for the application to be processed. In addition, each volunteer will need to have his/her fingerprints scanned at a designated location within two weeks of completing the background check. The processing fee is $9.10, and is paid by the volunteer at the time of fingerprint scanning.
We are currently accepting volunteer applications. Once an application is submitted, volunteers will be e-mailed information about requirements, orientation, and a volunteer waiver. *Due to high interest, all new applicants may initiate the on-boarding process now, but will be scheduled to volunteer in the Home no sooner than June. We will reevaluate needs beginning in June for more volunteer spots.
Upcoming Training Sessions for Family Services Volunteers
Wednesday, May 22 6:30-8:00 pm
Please contact Katy Glitsos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.426.4711 x6 with questions on becoming a Family Services Volunteer, or to sign up for an orientation.