Family Services Volunteer
Family Service Volunteers assist families in two different ways:
At the Crescent Cove Respite & Hospice Home
- Work along side the professional care team to enhance the quality of life of the child with life-threatening conditions and his/her family.
- Assist with general housework, laundry and cooking--all which contribute to making Crescent Cove a joy-filled home.
- Provide a compassionate presence for families.
- Engage with children and their siblings in activities such as reading, arts and crafts, playing music and much more.
Family Services Volunteers at the Home must be at least 16 years of age, complete required training, and commit to one-shift per week for a minimum of one year.
In the Family Home
- Assist families in a variety of ways offering practical and/or emotional support to family members. A family may request a trained volunteer to have a play date with siblings, bring a prepared meal, provide light housekeeping duties, mow their lawn, or run an errand.
- A careful matching process aims to ensure that the volunteer placed with a family is most suited to meet the family’s needs.
- Volunteers receive ongoing support and supervision from a member of the Family Support Team and families who have a volunteer placed in their home are required to have ongoing contact with a Family Support Worker to monitor the volunteer placement.
Family Services Volunteers in the Family Home must be at least 16 years of age, complete required training, and commit to one home visit a month for a minimum of one year.
Please contact Katy Glitsos at email@example.com with questions on becoming a family services volunteer.